Red Tail- Shovel Nose Catfish Hybrid

Loony Fish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,
you'll never guess the pair i'm thinking of, the catfish in a 1000 gallon tank with a tiger muskey. should that work?
Also, shovel nose only get 50cm long so maybe the hybrid will be a bit smaller...
Thanks for you'r time.

Hi All,
you'll never guess the pair i'm thinking of, the catfish in a 1000 gallon tank with a tiger muskey. should that work?
Also, shovel nose only get 50cm long so maybe the hybrid will be a bit smaller...
Thanks for you'r time.

well, it's more of an indoor pond... THATS GOING TO BE FULL OF REALLY LARGE PREDITORY FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUA HAHAHAHAHAH

I dont know much about Tiger shovel nose, but Red tails get massive! I couldnt see the hybrid being smaller with a mix of the red tail.

P.S. I love channel cats, I had an albino Channel for sometime in my 125 gallon tank. Another massive fish but beautiful IMO

I believe that the hybrid actually grows bigger than either parent (hybrid vigour); they were developed as a food fish if I recall- I think that the RTC is big while the TSN tastes better, the idea being the hybrid would be big and taste nice.

Most reactions

Back