Red Lizard Whiptail Cats

godfather2

Reaction score
Hi there hope someone can help I brought a pair of these whiptails had them spawn twice with no joy then 14 days ago they hatched 40 odd fry I took 25 out of the tank and put them in a trap in the top of same tank as parents and left aprox 12 in the tank to see if they would survive but they were gone by the night of next day and yesterday got up to another 50 odd more r/l/fry so im over the moon I fed the first lot on soked jmc pellets & algae tabs & micro worm I been on the internet look up about feeding them and it says best stuff is spirulina powder and agar which I have but never used it before I don’t want to do to large a quantity so I know its norm ratio 3 spir to 1agar but how much water and is it hot or cold hope and can I add decapulated brine shrimp eggs to the mix hope someone can help thanks for reading paul

haha awesome! - one thing though pretty important really.... we need pictures!!

Im hoping to get a few of these on Saturday so very interested to know about your set up :)

Wills

this is my red lizard setup (1 mtrx18x18)sorry about pic not used to camera yet in there i have yellow labs/giant swordtails/limia's and other livebeares/whiptails/cories and plecs all with no trouble at all has been set up now for 4 yeats +

Attachments

• red lizard tank  (Medium).JPG
    red lizard tank (Medium).JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 69
this is my shrimp tanks

Attachments

• shrimp (Medium).jpg
    shrimp (Medium).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 81

Most reactions

Back