Recommendations

Mortaliton

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all

It's been a little bit and I dove in head first back into the hobby. Lucky for me marketplace had some good deals and my original 29 gallon is now retired and I'm sitting on a 125 gallon and a 75 gallon.

The 75 gallon is cycled and the 125 although I have moved used media into it. It is now showing nitrates as of today. I am in the final stretch. The key difference is the 125 has live plants and drift wood. The 75 gallon is all fake plants, both gravel.

What are your random critters you have in your tank. Looking for not fish recommendations here for the 75 gallon. Anything for the 125, but I am open to learning about all the randomness that is freshwater.

Currently I have in my 75 gallon. 1 Betta, Harley rasboras, Platties, mollies, guppies, khuli loaches. I'm looking for Frogs and Bamboo shrimp specifically. I'm learning up on this as I go but what type of frogs do you recommend? I wouldn't mind something in the neighborhood of 2-3 inches of they get that big. I am just not familiar with all the variety yet.

For the 125 I have bristlenose plecos, angelfish, gouramis, blue and pearl, Cory's, snails and mollies. I'm eyeing some dwarf gouramis and some larger tetras. But I would like some recommendations on fish that are in the neighborhood of 4-6 inches but everything is on the table. I do wish I could do clown loaches but they would be to big in the future with there clowny school. Maybe a community catfish?

All thoughts and input is appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
This will be the 3rd Betta I have had in the hobby. 1st one this time around. I know they can pose there own risk, but I have never had a single bad experience with Bettas with other fish. I have kept one with gouramis and Angels in a tank way back. 120 gallon. Never had any signs of aggression after the first couple days. The Betta settled in and now he swims with the other fish. Looking like a happy lad at the moment. Never kept them in a community tank under 75 gallons, this one being the smallest tank I've kept one in.

Most reactions

Back