Recommendations For Centerpiece Fish?

TekFish

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have an Amazon Biotope Tank, well all the fish are anyway...with Rummynose Tetra, Diamond Tetra, Cardinal Tetra [open to change], Apistogramma Cacatuoides and a Bristlenose Plec.

Is there any centerpiece fish that will fit in with the biotope and won't eat the smaller tetras.

Thanks.

TekFish :good:

That's big enough to be outside my pay grade (I don't have fish big enough to centerpiece your tank).

I would have a pair of elliotis as a centrepiece. Apistogrammas are too small to be the main attraction in a tank that big

A single Thorichthys species makes for a great centrepiece... A pair would spell no end of trouble. Conspecific aggression is high and if you do get a pair, then other fish will be attacked as they raise young. They're also Centrals rather than Southerns.

A single Thorichthys species makes for a great centrepiece... A pair would spell no end of trouble. Conspecific aggression is high and if you do get a pair, then other fish will be attacked as they raise young. They're also Centrals rather than Southerns.

Just not a firemouth, They are little buggers lol. I had a pair of elliotis and they were very placid indeed. I was advised two were better than one

My Ellioti was also placid once alone... He killed his mate, as did his two brothers (whilst in the care of another member on here) :/

My Ellioti was also placid once alone... He killed his mate, as did his two brothers (whilst in the care of another member on here) :/

Eeek, that's awful. Maybe a big male on its own would be the best advice for a Cichlid newbie then ( if he's a Cichlid newbie)

DSC00138.jpg

elliot1.jpg

:hey:

They are indeed. I came across some Aureus the other day... £3.70 each. :drool: If only i had the tank space. :(

Most reactions

Back