Recap of the last 7 days

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The last 7 days have literally been the worst, 2 of my puffers died from jumping out the tank, 50 feeder blue bottles escaped in my room, my baby millipede has escaped and is somewhere in my room and I have no idea where, as i’m writing this a blue bottle has just flew over and landed next to me. I’m ready to give up at this point i’m so annoyed. Oh and I ordered a mantis, and a millipede for my sister both of which were dead on arrival. Edit: I now have cucumber scattered around my room in the hope of my millipede finding it (he is about 1.5cm long)

Millipedes are nocturnal and come out when it's dark. After lights out, wait about 10 minutes and then turn on a torch and look around. If you can't find it, turn torch off and wait half an hour and try again.

Don't have bits of food around your room. Put down 1 piece in a clear area just before lights out and wait. If you don't catch it that night, remove the food and try again the following night.

-------------
You can get wingless fruit flies that are easier to control than normal flies, because they can't fly.

Thanks i’ll give this a go tonight. I really hope I find him because he was the cutest thing :sad: I also have flightless fruit flies but the cultures are dormant at the minute.

Personally I would vacate the building and then put a torch to it!
More than four legs is a no-no with me.
You big wimp. You wouldn't survive where I live. Just about everything in my house has more than 4 legs. About the only exception is the snakes. There are more species of spider in my place than in most countries. I have a constant battle with introduced millipedes that literally swarm in here in there hundreds as soon as the weather cools down or it rains. There are zebra mosquitos in summer and bigger brown mozzies in winter, both of which spread Ross River and Barmah Forest Virus.

From October to January is fly season and you can't go outside during the day otherwise you get mugged by them. The locals say "The flies are friendly today, aren't they?" Meanwhile I'm swearing my head off trying to walk to the shop. During December and January the white moths swarm at night and they mug you when you go for a walk with a light. Sometimes I see scorpions and big azz centipedes on the footpaths at night.

Go for a walk along the beach in winter and early spring and there are blue bottle jellyfish all over the sand. I think there is a gecko living in the house somewhere and there's a couple of bobtail/ shingleback lizards that visit my backyard.

You big wimp. You wouldn't survive where I live. Just about everything in my house has more than 4 legs. About the only exception is the snakes. There are more species of spider in my place than in most countries. I have a constant battle with introduced millipedes that literally swarm in here in there hundreds as soon as the weather cools down or it rains. There are zebra mosquitos in summer and bigger brown mozzies in winter, both of which spread Ross River and Barmah Forest Virus.

From October to January is fly season and you can't go outside during the day otherwise you get mugged by them. The locals say "The flies are friendly today, aren't they?" Meanwhile I'm swearing my head off trying to walk to the shop. During December and January the white moths swarm at night and they mug you when you go for a walk with a light. Sometimes I see scorpions and big azz centipedes on the footpaths at night.

Go for a walk along the beach in winter and early spring and there are blue bottle jellyfish all over the sand. I think there is a gecko living in the house somewhere and there's a couple of bobtail/ shingleback lizards that visit my backyard.

You're right!

I wouldn't last five minutes unless I could persuade the geckos and snakes to eat everything else.

I'm not frightened of invertebrates, I just don't like them and they seriously get on my nerves, what with all the darting and buzzing and stinging and flitting about and getting on the food and biting you and similar.

Same with jellyfish - I just prefer not to be stung. I was stung on the bum by a jellyfish in Malta many years ago (I accidentally sat on it in a rock pool), and the resultant technicolour (and agonising!) display was a glory to behold.

I always wanted to keep Tarantula. Blue Bolt Tarantula. But i can't find any Seller & i dont think my parent will let me too keep one :rofl:
The only No-No for me is Cockroach, especially flying one. :-(

I always wanted to keep Tarantula. Blue Bolt Tarantula. But i can't find any Seller & i dont think my parent will let me too keep one :rofl:
The only No-No for me is Cockroach, especially flying one. :-(
Have to agree that cockroaches are NASTY!

I wouldn't want one to touch me if I could possibly help it.

Some people actually keep Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches as pets you know... Not saying I would, but some people do... Personally, I just LOVE animals and would keep almost anything as a pet... But I do draw the line at Cockroaches!!! Yuck! :no:

Some people actually keep Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches as pets you know... Not saying I would, but some people do... Personally, I just LOVE animals and would keep almost anything as a pet... But I do draw the line at Cockroaches!!! Yuck! :no:
I know!

I've seen them. They are horrible!

I had a cockroach fly down and cling to my leg once. Screamed until someone finally knocked it off. I run now when I see them.
They make my skin crawl... My husband and I went to look at a house when we were buying a house, and while we were in the kitchen, a cockroach ran across the floor... We promptly walked out and didn't look back!!! :no:

Most reactions

Back