Re-Done 50G

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
Today I re-arranged the rocks and plants in my 50G... Im not sure If I prefer it this way yet, But The fish seem to be enjoying exploring the new cave systems.

Anyway...

Front:

bigredone1.jpg

Back:

bigredone2.jpg

Ben

Looking great m8, I really like the new design, and i bet ur clown loaches are gunna love ya for it!

take it easy

Giz

Looks just like my fluval duo :D (Theres a reason for that similarity ;) )
How wide, deep and long is that one?
I love the stands those tanks come with :D

Thats looking great, I like the wide open spaces and everything :)

Helium_Junkie said:
How wide, deep and long is that one?
I love the stands those tanks come with :D

Thats looking great, I like the wide open spaces and everything :)
its the Fluval Duo 1200, so its 1.2M wide x 40 x 40cm.

I like to keep the open spaces as the slate takes alot of room as its big chunks of it, so There is still plenty of space for the rainbows and danios to swim about.

Ben

It states on the box that the internal capacity is 171 litres though. The volume of the tank, full to the brim, including glass is prolly 190 litres though :)

There are 38gallons of water in there :)

Edit: 190 litres is still only 40 gallons. (UK gallons, since we're all from the UK :p )

Helium_Junkie said:
It states on the box that the internal capacity is 171 litres though. The volume of the tank, full to the brim, including glass is prolly 190 litres though :)

There are 38gallons of water in there :)

Edit: 190 litres is still only 40 gallons. (UK gallons, since we're all from the UK :p )
Haha good point, but its still a 50 gal, if you look at it in yank terms :p. But doing all the maths, and thinking about everything which is in the tank, plants rocks etc, theres probably actually not much water in there at all lmao.

Out of interest mate, how much did the tank and stand etc, set you back? Very interested.

I got mine from Pets at Home for the princely sum of £280ish I think. That was the fluval duo 1200 tank + filter, heater, canopy/lights, food, plant food, water treatment + bacteria kickstarter stuff.
And the 1200mm stand, which was well worth it, I think it looks ace :)

Here is mine! :)

Most reactions

Back