Raphael Catfish

clay

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i just bought a spotted raphael catfish and i got it really cheap about 2$. so i got it with out knowing wat i was doing. plz help any info on it would be nice.

i just bought a spotted raphael catfish and i got it really cheap about 2$. so i got it with out knowing wat i was doing. plz help any info on it would be nice.

They are highly nocturnal and seem to be more active when kept in groups, They usually get to between 4-6" and will happily take most foods. Very small fish or fry might dissapear in the night, but if they are well fed this may not be the case,

I have three raphael catfish in my 26 USG tank currently. From what I've seen, they hardly move and like to get into any little nooks they can squeeze into. I personally haven't seen any particular time of activity for them, usually seemingly random little bursts of swimming about only to stop quickly at or near where they started at. Example of this, I SWEAR one of them hasn't moved for four days, but his gills are moving, and I did see him flit around the tank for a few seconds before settling back where he started.

Strange but very nice looking fish. I love them even though they are slightly boring :lol:

Another thing I would like to add... I think they get a bit bigger than 4-6". More like 7-9" if I am not mistaken.

Most reactions

Back