Randy Platies

matthew

Reaction score
Hi i bought 3 platies not so long ago but unfortunatly one of them died so the tow platies that are left are at it like rabbits i counted 27 fry in there yesterday but these are grown to about a 1cm each then i just noticed just now that there are more small fry in there wich looks like they are only a few days old so i have over 35 little fry in my tank. what am i going to do with all these has i only have a 130ltr tank.

Well, you really should have done some research. Platies will breed like rabbits and can store spern to produce even more babies. It can be hard to give them back to the LFS as they most likely won't take them but advertising saying something like "high quality platies for sale by private breeder, 10 cents per platy" That way you could sell a few, of course give some away to friends or family and then sell/give some away to lfs. Try to sex each platy. If you can figure out what one is male then take him back and exchange it for a female, the females may still have some sperm stored but they will eventually run out.

Most reactions

Back