Random bristlenose deaths

Dean351

Reaction score
Hi guys
We have had some random bristlenose deaths in the last couple weeks doesn't seem to have effected any other fish and this is across multiple tanks. One of the tanks effected housed only peppermint and common BN and we were getting some high nitrite or nitrate levels (wife knows this better then I do) and were in the process of rectifying this the other tank is a community tank with tetras, dwarf gouramis, a couple rosy barbs and used to have 2x super red BN(around 5 cm) and a calico BN (4cm) and 2 lemon BN (3cm).
Basically we lost 5 juvenile peppermints and an adult common girl out of one tank and only have 1 super red left in the other tank. No other fish are effected in the community tank and all parameters are fine in the community tank. Fish didn't seem bloated or anything.
They are fed on algae wafers and zucchini and have plenty of drift wood.
20211002_065402.jpg
Obviously the dodgy water in the BN tank is a contributor (my wife knows the readings better then me) but the fact it's across two tanks worries me. The BN tank was relatively new but cycled a couple weeks using filters out of other tanks etc probably shouldve cycled more I know but the community tank has been running for a few months and has perfect levels.
I'll attach a pic of the remaining super red on the glass.
Anyone has any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Must be something in the air, same thing with me. Lost three of them.
Now I have to clean the damn tank.

Were they fed some protein as well? Being omnivores.

Most reactions

Back