Quite a dorsal filament

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
IMG_6439.png

They've been an off and on holy grail. It's a blackwater fish that ships badly. Either they all arrive alive and vibrant, or the whole box is dead. It seems there's no middle ground. So they end up quite expensive.
The Congolese try shipping them young, which radically increases survival rates, but then we don't want to buy them because they just look like young fish. Shipping them alone costs an arm and a leg.
I'd love to get good enough at breeding tetras to try them, but it is a cash outlay for a delicate fish that might not arrive alive. Plus I'm not yet there skills-wise. I'm working on it.

If I ever win a lottery, the fish I'd order in from Cameroon and the two Congos... that one would be high on the list. For now, I leave them in their blackwater creeks. It's a great fish to see. beautiful.

being transparent, I don't think I got these from Dan's, though I did buy a lot of my African tetras from him, before he stopped importing them, as he was having a high death rate on incoming fish... mine seem to be thriving, but there is a lot of water current in the tank, high oxygenation, & a lot of tannins

... they are listed as in stock at this seller, that I have used before ( I don't believe I got mine here )

Last edited:
some of his tank mates... female, one of the top most fish in this picture... can you see the kinda cool black filament on the Brachardi anal fin??? ( fish beside the OP fish )
IMG_6455.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back