Questions On Dwarf Crayfish Cpo

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

miatiny

Reaction score
My boyfriend bought me 2 beautiful orange dwarf crayfish.  They are presently in a 10 gallon tank.  The petshop told him they would be ok to put in with my betta and bristlenose.  They were wrong.  My betta went to attack the dwarf crayfish who in turn got a hold of his tail.  I took the betta out and put it in a smaller empty tank.  The bristlenose seems fine at the moment but I will be setting up a new tank for him and the betta. I was wondering if I should get a larger tank for the dwarf crayfish or if 10 gallons is ok for 2 of them and a bunch of Malaysian snails.  They have plenty of hiding places.  Has anyone had experience with dwarf crayfish and bristlenose plecos.....

My sister has a crawfish in her 150 g tank... and just yesterday I noticed one of her BN missing an eye...... the only thing in the tank that could have did it was the CF... :(

Thank you for the information. I will be getting a new tank to move my bristlenose too. The petshop said it wouls be fine as my bristlenose is 3 times their size but i will not chance it seeing how one had no trouble attacking back my betta.

Most reactions

Back