Question About Dirt

fishheaventv

Reaction score
Can i use regular organic dirt in my tank for better plant grow??
I have low tech tank with no C02 and i want faster plant grow. I readied somewhere that organic dirt can be used in aquarium but with layer of sand on it so the dirt will stay at the bottom of the tank...

Give me some ideas because i live in small city with only 2 pet shops and none of them selling dirt for aquariums :(

Thanks

If you want to know lots about dirted tank, why dont you check out dustinsfishtanks on youtube, hes got lots o vids on it.

I think in the UK people use john innes no.3 capped with gravel preferably, not sure it works as well with sand. There are some things you have to look out for with dirt, but i cant remember right now, sorry. The dirt will eventually run out of nutrients too, after about 6 months.

If i was you i would just get some root tablets, much cleaner and easier

If you want to know lots about dirted tank, why dont you check out dustinsfishtanks on youtube, hes got lots o vids on it.

I think in the UK people use john innes no.3 capped with gravel preferably, not sure it works as well with sand. There are some things you have to look out for with dirt, but i cant remember right now, sorry. The dirt will eventually run out of nutrients too, after about 6 months.

If i was you i would just get some root tablets, much cleaner and easier

Most reactions

Back