Provide A Happy, Healthy Home, And Now Love And Attachment

Michigander

Reaction score
Hi all! Just wanted to login and say Hi.

I set up my first 10 gallon tank two months ago and have 5 fish. Honestly, I never expected to get so attached to the little guys. I also never expected that they would recognize me, and that each one would have such personalities and quirks. I have five Platys which my 8 year old niece named - Farah, Zach - nickname 'Zoomie,', Junior - actually a girl -, Mickey (yes a Sunset Mickey Mouse), and Stella. They each have their own habits, and zoom and swim and chase and - being Platys - eat.

They are providing me with endless hours of high entertainment. I now understand why fish-people are such fierce loyalist. I love my little guys and gals and just want to provide them with a happy, healthy home. I am not interested into breeding them and will just let 'nature take it's course' when the females have babies.

Again, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and get to know others on the forum.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I know what you mean, my two goldfish have there own self, they do so much funny things.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

It really doesn't take long to get attached & addicted. It won't be long until Multi-Tank Syndrome takes over and you are trying to figure out where the next bigger tank will fit. Speaking of fish people, most non-fish people don't realize how long fish can live and just think the live a couple months in a bowl and die. Most all tropicals can live for 2 years or more and a lot live for quite a bit longer than that. Angel fish for instance, can live for 8 to 10 years and goldfish for 20+ in a properly maintained tank and close to 50 in the wild.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

It really doesn't take long to get attached & addicted. It won't be long until Multi-Tank Syndrome takes over and you are trying to figure out where the next bigger tank will fit. Speaking of fish people, most non-fish people don't realize how long fish can live and just think the live a couple months in a bowl and die. Most all tropicals can live for 2 years or more and a lot live for quite a bit longer than that. Angel fish for instance, can live for 8 to 10 years and goldfish for 20+ in a properly maintained tank and close to 50 in the wild.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply! If I get 2+ years I will be very happy!

Most reactions

Back