Problem With My Guppy

adam12345

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
about a week ago i got 3 guppys. 1 male and two females. they are in a 28l tank. dont think that is over stocking it, its heavly planted. anyway the two females are doing brilliant. one is heavly pregnant and the other is fine. both swim aroudn all day never stopping having a good time. but then my male he is pure ornage (orange being my faviourte colour) so i liek him the best. but anyway at first eh was fine like the other too. he didnt give the females any attention which i thourght was weird seeings what i read about guppys. and then he laid in the floor of the tank. every so often hell swim around the back of the tank and very rarely comes tot he front. he seems to come out more when the light is off. he is still eating. is he just scared? or is there something wrong? i would ahte to lose him hes looks amazing. and i want him to breed as i am about to buy a 125l tank for them. does anyone no whats wrong? has anyone else had this with guppys? cheers for the help in advance :)

Welcome to the forum Adam.
If you have a brand new tank for your guppies, do an immediate 75% water change using temperature matched dechlorinated water. The thing that comes with a new tank marked as conditioner is usually a dechlorinator. If you don't have any right now, you need to get some at you local pet shop.

Most reactions

Back