Pregnant?

ItzBailet

Reaction score
Hello, I cant tell if my glofish tetra is pregnant / egg bound or fat. please let me know what you think!! I also dont know the gender. I have 2 other tetras (blue and purple)

Attachments

• IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6860.jpeg
    IMG_6860.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 19
Is the fish eating normally?
What does its poop look like?
How long did it take to get fat?

If it's eating normally and doing normal coloured poop, and it got fat over a month or more, then it's probably eggs or excess weight.

If it stops eating, does stringy white poop and gets fat overnight, that is an internal bacterial infection and the fish will be dead within 24-48 hours.

If it's eating normally and doing normal coloured poop, and it got fat over a month or more, then it's probably eggs or excess weight.

If it stops eating, does stringy white poop and gets fat overnight, that is an internal bacterial infection and the fish will be dead within 24-48 hours.
its pooping normally and i didnt notice till this morning. i feed them a pinch of freshwater flakes in the morning and a brine shrimp cube once a week, i have 3 tetras 2 khuli loaches 2 rubberlip plecos and 2 panda corys. the shrimp normally get eaten fully by the end of the day. ive only had my tank for about a month and its a 20 gallon. and the other 2 aren’t aggressive but they chase the yellow one around, mainly the blue guy

its pooping normally and i didnt notice till this morning. i feed them a pinch of freshwater flakes in the morning and a brine shrimp cube once a week, i have 3 tetras 2 khuli loaches 2 rubberlip plecos and 2 panda corys. the shrimp normally get eaten fully by the end of the day. ive only had my tank for about a month and its a 20 gallon

I will post photos of when i first got them.

Attachments

• IMG_6877.jpeg
    IMG_6877.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 9
The reason they chase each other is because they normally live in big groups consisting of thousands of individuals. In an aquarium, it's recommended to have 10 or more if possible. However, if the tank is newly set up, maybe wait another month before adding more fish.

You don't want uneaten food in the tank for more than a couple of minutes because it can create very high ammonia levels that can kill the fish. Remove uneaten food after 2-5 minutes.

....they normally live in big groups consisting of thousands of individuals. In an aquarium, it's recommended to have 10 or more if possible. However, if the tank is newly set up, maybe wait another month before adding more fish.
This doesn't just apply to the tetras but to the kuhli loaches and cories as well. These are all shoaling fish which need a bigger group.

Most reactions

Back