Pregnant Sword

cometcattle

Go Hawks!
Reaction score
I have a very prego sword in a 10g by herself. Not sure when she'll drop(her gravid spot is pink, I can see lots of eyes). I normally feed my fish once a day. Should I feed her more? She hasnt lost her appetite. Would a little extra food be good for her babies?

I've never changed my feeding schedule for small livebearers before. Since she is in the tank by herself she should be getting all the food that you are giving her in that tank. She will probably be fine if you stick to your regular schedule :D

ALASKA

Isn't it freaky the first time you see eyes. I'm excited because I want to see which one of males got her preggers - the oragne tricolour or grey/black/red tricolour. Hope its the second...

When do you start to see the eyes? I believe mine is preg b/c she is a lot bigger than the others in her stomach area. plus the males seem to chase her around a lot. I dunno if they are mating or what. I don't see a pink spot on her yet but her stomach is def bigger.

Also, I suppose before she has the fry she needs to be in a tank by herself? what is the best thing to put them in? 10gal? 5gal?

Most reactions

Back