Post Your Bes Livebearer Pics Here!:p:p

A male guppy i once bred;

fish24.jpg

fish36.jpg

He died unexpectadly some months ago, although i have his offspring still (none of them so far have seemed to grow his rather rare and beautiful shaped tail though so far, but i expect it'll pop up randomly in their genes again at some point though).

My gold and black female molly- she's over 3 and a half years old now and stil going strong :) ;

fish18.jpg

Fish11.jpg

Black and white female platy- she just one of my fav platys;

fish34.jpg

You can see the distinctive white stripe running up her back in particular much clearer in this pic taken at feeding time (she's the platy in the bottom left);

fish22.jpg

Another male guppy- he passed away from old age not long ago, he fathered dozens of my current guppys though during his lifetime;

fish13.jpg

She has some sisters who have an orange instead of white stripe on their under belly and backs. I may post more pics of my livebearers here at some point :thumbs: .

Phallichthys_fairweatheri.jpg
Phallichthys fairweatheri

Silver_yellow_delta_tail_sm.jpg
Silver/yellow delta Tail

Sky_blue_sm.jpg
Sky Blue Roundtain

Allodontichthys_zonistius.jpg
Allodontichthys zonistius

Trying to upload some pics but it keeps saying the file is to large. I've attached a couple but not sure which they are yet.

Charlie

The first is our male molly and the babies are our new swordtail fry, approx. 60, born on 23rd December.

First pic is of our female guppy, she has had 2 lots of fry in a 3 1/2 week period, bless her. The other is of our female platy, the male platy is just below her a little out of focus.

Attachments

• PC220002.JPG
    PC220002.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 36
  • PC220011.JPG
    PC220011.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 37
  • PC220005.JPG
    PC220005.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PC220024.JPG
    PC220024.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 44
Here's my favorite guppy. After this pic he ran into my betta a few months back and had his tail mauled off. It's growing back nicely, however. :D Just shorter.

guppyprettyij8.jpg

I love my Japanese Blue Endlers. :wub:
IMG_5860.jpg

One of my favorite Guppies (even though I'm not a huge fan of big tails...he was a gift)
Redtailedguppy.jpg

And my Variatus kiddos:
IMG_2263.jpg

Anastasia your Japanese blue endlers are gorgeous :wub: ! Lovely male platy too :good: .

Its really weird, i have had or still have a lot of guppys that look very similar too some people's here- helterskelter i have a male guppy who is very similar to yours, but his main body colour and yellow tail is darker. Stang1 in your group pic of the 4 males, apart from the blue one i have or have had very similar looking males to yours too- i also used to have a black tuxedo male guppy like yours too except his tail had faint metallic colours like blue;

fish25.jpg

(The blue in real life was not as vibrant as it is in the pic though)

Thanks Toxis! :) I was pretty surprised to find those Endlers. I just popped into the fish store to get some food (sounds innocent enough, right?), but of course, you end up looking at the fish. I found those guys, and I was like "Okay, I NEED those!" Their colors have really started coming out with live food too.

I know what you mean about the Guppies! I was scrolling down, and I was thinking "I had some like that...ohh, yeah, I had a guy like that few years....HEY, I remember when I had one that looked like that!" :lol: They are all gorgeous though.

Thanks Toxis! :) I was pretty surprised to find those Endlers. I just popped into the fish store to get some food (sounds innocent enough, right?), but of course, you end up looking at the fish. I found those guys, and I was like "Okay, I NEED those!" Their colors have really started coming out with live food too.

I know what you mean about the Guppies! I was scrolling down, and I was thinking "I had some like that...ohh, yeah, I had a guy like that few years....HEY, I remember when I had one that looked like that!" :lol: They are all gorgeous though.

Thats happened to me a lot before- you pop down to your lfs, end up looking at the tanks, and you see some livebearers you've never seen before and that your lfs has only stocked once and you think "i totally have to get some of these fish before they sell out!"....And then before i know it, my quick trip down to the lfs for a bottle of dechlorinater and some blood worms ends up with me taking back 6 new fish, a new tank and a whole load of other stuff i can barely carry- and then when i get back home i remember i forgot to get the dechlorinator and worms that i was supposed to get to begin with :lol: .

:lol: Isn't that typical! I think we can all agree, fish stores are dangerous places when you don't want to spend a lot of money, or you want to come home with only a few things. I started going to a petstore to get my foods, so I can get out of there quicker. :p

Anyway, I'm going to stop hijacking the topic. Heh. Sorry. I'll add another picture to make up for it.

More Variatus Kiddos:
IMG_2428.jpg

Most reactions

Back