Possible tankmates?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

--Mike--

Reaction score
I am upgrading to a 135 gallon tank (60"x18"x24"). I have 2 synodontis catfish (~30 years old, 10"), 1 striped raphael catfish (~25 years old, 8") and 1 clown pleco (~10 years old,4"). All have lived together in a 120 gallon tank.

I would like to add more fish to the tank but I am concerned about the new fish being eaten or harassing the catfish. I also have the challenge that I am mixing South American and African catfish so the water parameters could be tricky. My water comes from a well and is mildly hard, PH around 7.2.

I have been looking into Angelfish and/or Electric Blue Acara. Does anyone have experience with a similar mix? How many could be added? Any other ideas?

I am upgrading to a 135 gallon tank (60"x18"x24"). I have 2 synodontis catfish (~30 years old, 10"), 1 striped raphael catfish (~25 years old, 8") and 1 clown pleco (~10 years old,4"). All have lived together in a 120 gallon tank.

I would like to add more fish to the tank but I am concerned about the new fish being eaten or harassing the catfish. I also have the challenge that I am mixing South American and African catfish so the water parameters could be tricky. My water comes from a well and is mildly hard, PH around 7.2.

I have been looking into Angelfish and/or Electric Blue Acara. Does anyone have experience with a similar mix? How many could be added? Any other ideas?
I have no experience with any of this fish, but am I reading that right? 30 years? 25 years? ????

I have no experience with any of this fish, but am I reading that right? 30 years? 25 years? ????
Yup, I'm not exact on the dates but I've been married for 28 years. I got the synos before and the raph just after. All are still in good health

I had no idea fish could live that long!

Most reactions

Back