Pop Eye?

Mia S

Reaction score
Hi all,

My betta has developed a hugely inflated eye overnight, its cloudy and white-ish in appearance. The tank has been running for a year with no problems at all. It's a 5', 24c, rainwater, I dont add any chemicals, its fully planted, Ive only put in Melafix recently to help a black moore (she sustained an eye injury while I was away for 6 weeks).

There are only 3 gouramis, 4 kuhli loaches, a bristle nose, 4 zebra danios, & 3 small cat fish, + the one black moore (she's waiting for her own tank).

Im keeping it lightly stocked because Im away so much, dont want to leave my bf with too much to take care of lol. Just wondering if this is likely to be pop eye if its only one eye affected? If so, should I put the fish in a hospital tank?

Sorry if this doesnt belong in the ER section, just waiting on a call from the vet to find out if my cat will have to have one of its legs amputated this morning, so my fish getting sick is the straw that will break the proverbial...

Thanks for any advice in advance :)

Thanks for that :), normally I would have checked old post first, but Im so stressed about my cat I just needed for someone to do the thinking for me. I'll try the suggested meds and see what happens.

Most reactions

Back