Poor Corys

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well some of you ma remeber my thread of the dissapearing corys, a bronze cory and an albino cory went missing from my tank neither have been found and the tanks been rather bare, i hate putting my fingers in the sand now incase i unearth a carcus, all other corys are doing briliantly though :)

was in my LFS today and to my utter horror a corry on its side with other fish trying to nibble its fins now and then it would wriggle and swim on its side then sink to the bottom, i informed some staff so i hope they rescued the poor guy, its an attrotios shop really alot are overpriced, £4.95 for 1" pandas :X and im constantly seeing dead fish in the tanks

i then went to another LFS to find bronze and pepperd babies (roughly 1") for a £1 each :) i resisted though as id love some of a rarer variety at some point

What other fish were in the tank with the sick Cory at the LFS? If your cories have died in your tank, then the other cories would have eaten the carcass. They are scavengers, so it's only natural that they eat almost dead and already dead fish. We have had a cory die during the night before (not sure what the reason was as he seemed perfectly healthy) and in the morning, there was hardly anything left of him after his other Cory tank mates had made a meal of him. In a way it's good, as they're keeping their tank clean. Obviously you don't want them doing this, as it's not nice to see and you don't want them getting sick if the other cories were sick. But that could be a reason why you haven't found anything.

:/

It has been too long. You will not find anything beyond bones, and they are small enough that they disappear too.

Do not buy from a shop that sells fish from a tank with sick and dying/dead fish in it. Even the best run shops will occasionally pass along a sick fish, so the poorly run ones are selling disasters that you will regret.

Most reactions

Back