Poll On Piranhas

Do you think putting another decent sized fish(A cichilid, shark, oscar, etc) into a tank with red-b

• Yes (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I kept red belly Piranah for a couple of years before they out grew the tank. trust me when i say it is not a good idea to keep them with any other fish, unless you intend on keeping the piranahs bellies extremely full and even then I wouldnt want to be the other fish!

Please, Buck-toothed tetras can kill Piranahs, you're supposed to keep buck-toothed tetras in schools. If you put a single one in, oviously it'll get eaten.

Also, buck-toothed tetras are Exodon paradoxus. The same species mentioned earlier that are the same aggression level, if not more so agressive. Read more about them online before you go telling people they're wrong.

Please, Buck-toothed tetras can kill Piranahs, you're supposed to keep buck-toothed tetras in schools. If you put a single one in, oviously it'll get eaten.

Also, buck-toothed tetras are Exodon paradoxus. The same species mentioned earlier that are the same aggression level, if not more so agressive. Read more about them online before you go telling people they're wrong.

i did i got three they all got eaten but only one at first, then the others

piranha dont even get along with other piranha, let alone other fish. the few years i have kept fish there has always been a piranha in my house, i cna tell you nothing will live with them for to long. you may delay the other fishes death if its like one red belly piranha, in a decent sized tank, with another larger fish, (i.e. larger oscar)

oh btw, what type of piranha do you have? thats gonna make a big difference. if you have say a 15 inch rhom, you could prolly keep like neon tetras in there or something, they may get eaten, or they may be so small the rhom just might not bother with it. i did keep an oscar and a piranha together, the piranha slowly nipped the oscar to death, he lasted a couple of weeks though...

oh btw, what type of piranha do you have? thats gonna make a big difference. if you have say a 15 inch rhom, you could prolly keep like neon tetras in there or something, they may get eaten, or they may be so small the rhom just might not bother with it. i did keep an oscar and a piranha together, the piranha slowly nipped the oscar to death, he lasted a couple of weeks though...
some red bellies....you wouldnt happen to know where i could get a wild red belly...would u?

I think no it's too risky - they may get hurt, and they probably won't have too great a quality of life.

Also - a massive shoal of pirhanna's by themselves is awesome enough! Just get some plants and fantastic decor, and you're set!

I think no it's too risky - they may get hurt, and they probably won't have too great a quality of life.

Also - a massive shoal of pirhanna's by themselves is awesome enough! Just get some plants and fantastic decor, and you're set!

yea im sticking with just piranhas. and again anybody know where i could get wild red bellies?

yea im sticking with just piranhas. and again anybody know where i could get wild red bellies?

The amazon.

I used to have Piranhas and i currently have a full grown Oscar. I never kept them together but Piranhas work in packs it may seem to work for a little bit but once they get hungry enough your oscar is done.

The amazon.

why u such a bloody wanka!?!?!

The amazon.

o and umm stick to eating your fish and chips...not raising them

The reason people arent answering you properly any more is because you seem to be ignoring advice given to you, and people don't want you to get a wild piranha, as the idea of helping you to basically kill fish doesn't appeal to most.

The reason people arent answering you properly any more is because you seem to be ignoring advice given to you, and people don't want you to get a wild piranha, as the idea of helping you to basically kill fish doesn't appeal to most.

well i wanna kill fish other than my piranhas, and i just wanna keep asking questions so i know whats right...and i already decided not to put other fish with my reds

Most reactions

Back