Poll: Dead Fish

what do you do with a fish when it dies?

• Flush it down the toilet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bury it in the garden

• Cremate it

• Leave it for other fish to eat

• Throw it in the garbage

• Other .... Please explain

• Total voters

XPANDA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry about the morbid question, i always thought flush it but i couldnt do that to a special fish! Someone i know actually leaves them for other fish to eat!

____
I made a few changes to this poll, since it is early on. Hope this helps. ;)

Inchworm

Not the best of ideas to title a poll thread 'poll' subtitle 'poll'.

Is this poll a poll on polls?

Also most obvious listed poll option not there: 'Throw it in the bin'

Aww, come on. we're adults and can work it out cant we? :hey:

Down the toilet for me :/

best you burn them or put them in the trash, not toilet because it can poison fish in the water ways, leaving it for fish to eat can create all sort of problems, but i guess burying it is okay if its a big fish.

Other. I compost my fish. Not in a normal compost bin, before anyone gets that idea. We have a special food digester in the garden. It's designed for all food waste and is sealed above ground to stop vermin and flies (and bad smells). Our normal rubbish is only collected once every two weeks, so putting anything dead in that would get smelly.

I'd never feed dead fish to other fish, as it risks passing on illnesses to the healthy fish. Dumping them anywhere near waterways has the same risk (flushing could lead to that if you're on the normal sewage grid).

I flush mine. I've caught heat over it about the spread of fish illments into the natural environment, but im a bit skeptical of that.

Well.. I picked other but could've picked bury in the garden as well.
We have a small section where I grow flowers outside the front door and I put the fish there. I don't bury them though. I leave them for ants and whatever else to eat.
These are all small fish though. If I ever had a large fish like an oscar that died, I'd bury it.
I'd rather the fish go back to nature rather than to just toss it into the garbage.

For "non-special" fish as in fish I have not massive attachment to I wrap in newspaper and place in the bin and for fish I have an affinity with I bury in the garden

I like to bury mine however can someone explain the difference between garbage and bin?

The bin is where i throw my garbage in so is it totally different?

Well.. I picked other but could've picked bury in the garden as well.
We have a small section where I grow flowers outside the front door and I put the fish there. I don't bury them though. I leave them for ants and whatever else to eat.
These are all small fish though. If I ever had a large fish like an oscar that died, I'd bury it.
I'd rather the fish go back to nature rather than to just toss it into the garbage.
I do the same thing, seems like a waste to just throw em away. At least this way it is providing food or nutrients for something else instead of going to a garbage dump or into the water system.

maybe you just get a life and stop complaining

Most reactions

Back