The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
As I have been able to paint less, I’ve taken up some poetry. I think I’ve grown quite well in it

Anyone else here write?

Are your health issues making it more difficult to paint?

I wrote a piece years ago for a friend but haven't written anything since besides "the night before Xmas" when someone here had a leaky tank on Xmas eve. Linked below for anyone who didn't read it. I need a muse and a clear head, neither of which are to be found in this place where I live.

I used to help run a poetry workshop, and had a couple of publications. I realized I wasn't good at it and moved into other writing - at the time, short stories. Stories and song lyrics.
Poetry is a difficult craft, and a bit of a lost art.

Are your health issues making it more difficult to paint?

I wrote a piece years ago for a friend but haven't written anything since besides "the night before Xmas" when someone here had a leaky tank on Xmas eve. Linked below for anyone who didn't read it. I need a muse and a clear head, neither of which are to be found in this place where I live.
Yes they are, I can’t really draw anymore and painting is a struggle but haven’t lost my ability to voice dictate or on a good day type words out

I used to help run a poetry workshop, and had a couple of publications. I realized I wasn't good at it and moved into other writing - at the time, short stories. Stories and song lyrics.
Poetry is a difficult craft, and a bit of a lost art.
It definitely is, and mine is by no means perfect but it’s becoming quite enjoyable

When I was way way much younger I wrote poetry. I actually won the high school poetry prize one year. And then in my later teens I pretty much gave it up.

I know a little meadow
Where ne'er walk hate or fear.
I see it though a window,
The window of a tear.

This is an example of poetry that must be read out loud:

When you're kissing with your honey,
And your nose is getting runny,
Don't think it's funny,
Cause it'snot.

You also see the elegance of shape in the poem, the way each line is shorter than the rest. Shape poetry was popular in the 1960s. This classic poem works on many levels.

In hues of neon, vibrant and bright, They dance through waters, a dazzling sight. From coral reefs to sandy shores, Their graceful movements, we adore.

With fins that shimmer, scales that gleam, They navigate their aquatic dream. A world of wonder, hidden deep, Where colorful creatures peacefully sleep.

In sunlit shafts, their shadows play, As they explore their watery maze. A symphony of life, a living art, In nature’s beauty, they play their part.

Chatgpt writes the best poetry:

In a corner of the web, where fish folk meet,
A place that’s friendly, lively, and sweet.
TropicalFishForums, where stories flow,
From newbies to pros, we all love to grow!

Tank setups, filters, and heaters to test,
“Which fish for a 10-gallon?”—the ultimate quest!
Photos of cichlids, and bettas so grand,
A virtual ocean built by hand.

Got algae trouble? No need to fret,
There’s wisdom waiting in every thread.
From aquascapers to shrimp fanatics,
Our conversations are deep—and aquatic!

So here’s to the place we love to be,
Sharing our passion, wild and free.
On TropicalFishForums, our tanks unite,
A fishkeeper’s haven, pure delight!

I am curious what eactly you asked Chat gpt to do. All of what you input?

I am not a fan of a lot of AI and what it can be used to advance corrupt purposes and outright falsehoods.

It is good for doing things that require accurate perception but certainly not fororiginal thinking. In that respect I would describe it as an excellent hider of plagerism.

On my sole device, my PC, I disable all things I can connected to an AI.

I am curious what eactly you asked Chat gpt to do. All of what you input?

I am not a fan of a lot of AI and what it can be used to advance corrupt purposes and outright falsehoods.

It is good for doing things that require accurate perception but certainly not fororiginal thinking. In that respect I would describe it as an excellent hider of plagerism.

On my sole device, my PC, I disable all things I can connected to an AI.
My prompt was write a poem about tropicalfishforums.net.

Most reactions

Back