Plecocaine Fish Food.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ythao01

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've heard that this food is very good but was wondering if anyone on this forum uses it. How does it compare to other quality foods like omega one and new life spectrum?

I wouldn't trust anything with "cocaine" in the name. My fish really like the omega food.

It has an excellent rep. That said I have kept and bred assorted plecos for a number of years and have not tried it.

Hello ;  i was perusing the web and came across this thread.i am the guy that sells Plecocaine.. i do not list the ingredients or the guaranteed analysis in my auctions or on the packages...that's a lot of stuff to have to type and i am a bit lazy..besides , i would have to raise my prices to cover the extra ink and labels....
here are the ingredients and guaranteed analysis lists........

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

CRUDE PROTEIN (MIN) 50.0000%

CRUDE FAT (MIN) 17.0000%

CRUDE FIBER (MAX) 3.0000%

CALCIUM (CA) (MIN) 2.0000%

CALCIUM (CA) (MAX) 2.5000%

PHOSPHORUS (P) (MIN) 1.2500%

SODIUM (NA) (MIN) .1000%

SODIUM (NA) (MAX) .5000%

ASH (MAX) 12.0000%

INGREDIENTS

FISH MEAL, WHEAT FLOUR, SPRAY DRIED ANIMAL BLOOD CELLS, FISH OIL, FISH OIL

(LS), BREWERS DRIED YEAST, BETAINE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, LECITHIN,

CHOLINE CHLORIDE, DL-METHIONINE, L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE, CALCIUM

PANTOTHENATE, MENADIONE SODIUM BISULFITE COMPLEX, THIAMINE MONONITRATE,

BIOTIN, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN

SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, ETHOXYQUIN (A

PRESERVATIVE), ZINC OXIDE, VITAMIN B-12 SUPPLEMENT, MANGANOUS OXIDE, FERROUS

CARBONATE, COPPER SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, CALCIUM IODATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE,

COBALT CARBONATE.

RUMINANT MEAT AND BONE MEAL FREE

twotank . i remember you from AB , but that was awhile ago..

Hiya loha - I remember you as well. I walked away from aquabid and especially the owner in early 2005. I was also trying to get as far away from a few of the more obnoxious sellers there as well. Those same people were the ones who caused me to walk away form the forum you use even though it was the very first fish site I ever joined in early 2001. There my user name was DavidDoyle. It was before I became TTA and it is the only site on the internet where I was/am not TTA.

And I will add that I have never read a bad review of plecocaine by anybody who has used it.

Honestly none of my fish will eat it unless they are starving and even then it is grudgingly.  I must have very picky fish.

wildbetta , you are the first that has said that..thank you for letting me know..i am sure there is a logical reason for it , but i just do not know what it is.
my apologies.

Most reactions

Back