Please Help Now

Ripcord

Reaction score
I need to know If there are any cold water plecos that can go into a pond. PLease I need help now.

There is one that i know of, often known as the butterfly plec. I do believe it is a form of loach (so maybe the one Teelies mentioned). They tend to range from £1.80-£2.50 and grow to two or three inches, not particularily colourful yet functional fish. You may not see them in large ponds and it may be that large koi may view them as a tasty treat.......i dont know about that, i do know that they apreciate highly oxygenated water, well im out of suggestions, ah well :dunno: good luck and stuff, let me know how it goes

Hillstream Loaches need fast flowing, cool and well oxygenated water. However, they can not survive the winter in the UK outside so ponds are out of the question. Alot of them are quite colourful contary to your belief Oddball, Beaufortia kweichowensis, Gastromyzon and Sinogastromyzon are all well patterned fish some with good colour. They also need a well established tank with smooth large broad surfaces like stones of large leaved plants on these rocks mico orgainisms called aufwuchs grow which is what they mainly feed on.

Most reactions

Back