Platy Breeding help

Avengertank

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here as of 9 minutes ago
105L tank. The avengers, all fish are marvel characters :)

Several amazing guppies, yoyo and 3 platys
Started my first planted aquarium (not relevant) convinced my platys are pregnant. Breeding box on its way tomorrow. The box is 10cm by 7.5 I don't really want to coup them up in there for weeks when they might not be birthing soon.

The black stripe hide the fry's eyes i'm looking for in Gamora the Platy

The other photo, fry's eyes in Nebula the Platy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_213857_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_213857_Gallery.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240716_213758_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_213758_Gallery.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 32
My platys give birth amongst the dense greenery in my tank. I then transfer the fry to a safe shrimp tank. Right now I have 12-15 fry maturing there. I would not sequester the mom.

My platys give birth amongst the dense greenery in my tank. I then transfer the fry to a safe shrimp tank. Right now I have 12-15 fry maturing there. I would not sequester the mom.
Thanks Gwand

Those boxes are very stressful for the female. It is much better to use gwand's way and leave the female in the main tank with lots of fine leaved plants for the babies to hide in.

Those boxes are very stressful for the female. It is much better to use gwand's way and leave the female in the main tank with lots of fine leaved plants for the babies to hide in.
Absolutely understand that, definitely don't want them stressed!! I'll just add more plants.

Any recommendations ? they seem to sleep around my anubis, but want a taller once that grows to 40cm ?

I use Amazon swords, jave ferns, Anubis and coryne wente. Don’t need fertilizer.

So thanks for everyones advice. My other Platy, how far away do you think she is from birth. The gravis spot is very big now, I don't want to miss the birth and have the other fish eat them!

Attachments

• 20240725_220811.jpg
    20240725_220811.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 13
So thanks for everyones advice. My other Platy, how far away do you think she is from birth. The gravis spot is very big now, I don't want to miss the birth and have the other fish eat them!
Well, has she already dropped some fry yet...?

Most reactions

Back