Platinum Bettas?

Elise

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Okay, down at my LFS, I saw this gorgeous little female and when she moves in the light, she seems to change colors. She's a dark silver, then silvery-purple, then silvery-red, etc. When I bought her, the locals said she was actually a "he" and called a platinum betta. They charged me 6.99 instead of the usual 3.99 for this color. I've never heard of that before. Can someone tell me what the color is actually called? BTW, when I took him/her home and introduced him/her to the male one tank over, he/she got those vertical breeding bars down her sides....but no white tip by her stomach?? Any ideas...male vs female? He/she never flares at the males nor the females but loves to sit on one side of the glass next to my male and tease him. :p

it does sound like a platnium female, definately not a male just by going on how its acting in ur tank. post pics soon, id like to see! :D

i do. they are pretty rare. they are white with like silver mixed in its hard to describe. I get you a pic but i dont know how. If you can tell me i will show you mine.

Attachments

• platinum002.jpg
    platinum002.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 42
my male his tail his see through. its clear i mean u can actualy see through it. i have never seen anything like him b4/.

My ''Platinum'' looks more like dark almost black silver that the silvery color changes from purple to red to green to blue. Here's some pictures:

Course I still can't tell male or female! Possibly someone could help! And he/she doesn;t have a name if anyone has any suggestions! Thanx

its a platinum all right. has some masking too. oh yea i think its also a plakat (pointed anal fin) so it might be a male plakat...

Your betta might be a male plakat by that pointed anal fin like Infant said. Very nice find I should say. I almost got a copper super-delta...but this one guy got there faster than me and took him :angry:

platkats usualy have a little more length to their finage, but the poit gives it away to be a male.

Most reactions

Back