Plants

Beanlekin

Reaction score
I can never seem to grow healthy plants in my tank! I have healthy fish and haven't had any deaths for months but the plants are a different story. They get covered in algae and just look horrible. Its a tropical 10 gallon tank and the water parameters are normal. I'm not sure what type of plants they are but I've tried lots of different ones and the same thing happens to all of them. Oh and I use liquid plant food. Thanks in advance!

I think you kinda said it :) Might want to wander over to the plant section, there is a threat to identify plants...

If you dont know what plants you have, you dont know whether they need high or low light, fertiliser liquid or root tablets/fertilizer substrate...

There are a lot of questions in this and it all boils down to one thing, what plants have yu got?

Few very generalised rules...

*If it is varigated (green/white, green/pink, green/yellow) then chances are it is a species of Dracenia or Ophioghon Variagatus then it is a huse plant, not a true aquatic.

*If it stands up straight out of water, dont trust it unless you know it, most arent true aquatic (Amazon swrds are an exception).

*Always ask a member of staff "who knows lots about aquatic plants"

:good:

Most reactions

Back