Plants

gazza76

Reaction score
Hi all,
My plants in my tank (2 swords and another I could never remember the name of), have started to grow like a fur on the leaves and stems?!?

Any ideas???

Hi all,
My plants in my tank (2 swords and another I could never remember the name of), have started to grow like a fur on the leaves and stems?!?

Any ideas???

If its a green or browny colour Id say is most likely algae.

Hi all,

Any ideas???

Hi, it's most proberly a kind of algae. I remember in my 5 gallon plastic tank i had algae that looked like hair and fur. Do you have a picture of it?

I hope these are ok

Attachments

• 01072006090_small.jpg
    01072006090_small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 30062006088_small.jpg
    30062006088_small.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Plants_small.jpg
    Plants_small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 27
Looks like hair algae to me, and alot of it at that. You can just scrape it off the plants or if you have some sort of cleanup crew just leave it to them. I'm not giving you a lecture or anything, but seeing as your new it's probably not what you expect, but this would be better off in the plant forum. I suppose you were just wondering what the hell it was and if it was harmfull to your fish or not. Anyway, hope this answers your question, and if you have anymore try in the planted sub-forum as that's where i've learnt everything about plants from.

Neal

Sorry to jump in on your thread Gazza but I dont often see other fishy people from my end of the country on here.

Neal can i ask you which lfs you reccomend in Darlington. im in Mbro and havent found one Im totally happy with.

Most reactions

Back