Plants On Evay

DaveA76

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
been looking on ebay for some plants and found 25 for £5 has anyone bought these in the past and are they any good? i know they will be little but i have time for them to grow

Often you get non-aquatics, and a lot of them are just small cuttings, but sometimes you get lucky.

If you're buying on eBay, look for individual types of plants, rather than collections. As three-fingers says, if you buy a selection, you can't be 100% sure what you're getting - that's a false economy.

I was looking round myself for an online source for plants. I can across this site Plants Alive (I don't know if I'm alowed to link it, but I'm sure a mod will be along to delete it if I'm not. They have what they term an '18" Selection', which has 45 plants (all named) for less than £6. p&p is also only £2.45.

I can't vouch for their quality, as I haven't used them but at the prices they're advertising I think I'll give them a shot.

//James

It looks like that site at least tells you how much light you would need to grow the plants in a selection. That could help keep you from making a major selection error. I have no idea how good a compay it is but I do notice that some of their plants, maybe all because I didn't check, are imported from far off. Importing won't hurt a plant but many plants are grown emerged in foreign places to get them to grow faster. When that happens, the top will "melt" in your tank before the plant recovers. It is something to be aware of so you don't throw out the plant while it is making a come-back.

Edit: spelling

I've heard wildly varying opinions about Plants Alive. Such a shame that Greenline has gone.

I've used plants alive, when I did they were terrible. Good customer service (apologised and quickly replaced my plants free of charge), but even the second batch was crap.
When I used them all the stem plants were broken on arrival both times due to bad packaging, and I even had moth larvae on the floating plants :blink: .
But they were polite, and delivery and reply to email was fast.

Never knew greenline was gone! :( Was looking for more moss off them.
Will have to see if plants alive have improved, or try java now.
My favourite plants are the tropica ones from aqua essentials, but sometimes I only need cuttings and loads of cheap moss.

I bought 50 easy grow plants from eBay, selection was great and plants are all doing really well so far. I took photographs to ID them:

n1420698557_30049684_669.jpg

They were the listing named *best on eBay* and it was £11 for 50. I then picked my own selection from www.urmstonaquatics.com "click n' mix" £1.20 to pad them out. They arrived yesterday and look fab in the tank - very pleased and would use both sellers again.

im new on here...but i have bought some plants on ebay. actually 2 different kinds from 2 different sellers. both came looking to be in pretty good condition, though i dont know the plant, so couldnt really tell u what it is supposed to look like. but they still look healthy and the one really has some nice roots which can be separated to make other plants. and like the one guy said about the prices. i think i paid about 6 us dollars for one of mine and it was shipped from singapore or Malaysia or something.

Most reactions

Back