Plants - Need Help Transporting....

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI!

I bought some aquarium plants here really cheap and now I am not sure how to transport them home...They are not too big and are in plastic jars filled with water now. But I have to transport them by plane so they would be without water for about 6 hours (until packing and unpacking)...
I was thinking about keeping the plants in the jars and wrap them in wet paper towels - you think they wold be OK for that amount of time or not?
I really cant keep water in the jars...
Any other suggestions?

THX!

PS: I know it ws kinda stupid from me to buy them since i knew I am traveling by plane but...they were just really nice and cheap also. I knew I couldn't buy any fish but I thought (and still do) that plants aren't as fragile and would survive for that time given the fact that the jars and a bag would hold humidity.

They will be fine in a plastic fish or similar bag (sealed) it is the same as posting them but much quicker so even better for them.

If you have them available, a styrafoam (or poly) box with layers of wet newspaper works very well. Plants are often shipped that way here in the US anyways.

I just kept mine with a small amount of water in the bag...

Kept them like that from Florida to Missouri, no problems. Gotta' love SW, haha

Most reactions

Back