Planting Stem Cuttings

bumbleweasle

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it normal to have trouble keeping your stem cuttings down in the sand? I always seem to come through in the morning to find 'em floating around!

I exaggerate, lol, most of them have stayed, but I just get annoyed with having to replant the ones that don't, as it's harder to get 'em back in without disturbing everything else.. Am I just worrying about nothing, or actually doing something wrong? I planted these ones (water wisteria) yesterday in about an inch of sand/fine gravel (old eco-complete)... Maybe I should clean off some more sand to put in there?

Is it normal to have trouble keeping your stem cuttings down in the sand? I always seem to come through in the morning to find 'em floating around!

I exaggerate, lol, most of them have stayed, but I just get annoyed with having to replant the ones that don't, as it's harder to get 'em back in without disturbing everything else.. Am I just worrying about nothing, or actually doing something wrong? I planted these ones (water wisteria) yesterday in about an inch of sand/fine gravel (old eco-complete)... Maybe I should clean off some more sand to put in there?

a little more sand would help for the most part since those are thin stems
also you might want to think about buying some planting tweezer ..... you can get whole sets on Ebay ....most will be quite long which alsos for better control and for placing those stem plants close so your hands dont get in the way...and will allow you to put a little power into pushing them into the substrate and which well let you burry them more and theyll should stay then!

cheer!:lol:

Cheers! Got 'em planted again for now but I've chucked an extra load of sand in me bucket for soakin', so things should be easier in future once that's in there. :)

Most reactions

Back