Plant trimming question

JPW003

Reaction score
Hi there
I need some advice on trimming this plant please that's getting too large for the tank, or at least I think it is.
The long stem plant that's highlighted in blue that runs the full length of the tank now, I forget it's name sadly.

If I cut it where I've marked it pink on the second picture, will this be okay and will it continue to grow? Or worse, will I kill it if I do?

I've had to trim some of the shoots as you can see, as they were literally starting to fill the tank!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm relatively new to the hobby and getting some decent plant growth without co2, but would like to introduce it so as to carpet the bottom.

125l tank.

Thanks so much in advance,

Jonathan

Attachments

• IMG_8660.jpg
    IMG_8660.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8661.jpg
    IMG_8661.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 22
You can cut the rhizome anywhere you want, as long as there is Leaves and roots in each part, they will continue to grow if you install them somewhere else.

How old is that Anubias ?

You can cut the rhizome anywhere you want, as long as there is Leaves and roots in each part, they will continue to grow if you install them somewhere else.

How old is that Anubias ?
Thank you, that's really helpful:)

I set the tank up in May 2020 during Covid, so it's almost four years. I've trimmed other plants but this one started off about four inches long and is now touching the filter, so I've been thinking about doing something with it!

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan

Most reactions

Back