Plant Problem

chewit

Reaction score
Plant problem
I have 2 17l tanks but my plants always die i dont know if you have to feed them or what can someone help
Some people say to et plants to grow if ur tank is 2 good they will die if to poor they will die

Plant problem
I have 2 17l tanks but my plants always die i dont know if you have to feed them or what can someone help
Some people say to et plants to grow if ur tank is 2 good they will die if to poor they will die

Certain plants are hardy (easier to look after), whilst some are harder to look after. Some plants that are sold in some shops might not be aquatic, so they would die a lot quicker. Plants require Carbon Dioxide (Hardy plants doesn't usually need a lot of CO2 and more difficult plants to look after might require you a carbon dioxide diffuser, which gives CO2 in the water for the plants), Water (which is present :p), and Light. Some plants need higher light intensity while some doesn't need as much (Note: All plants are unique). Plants doesn't die if your aquarium is "too good". Try to revise Photosynthesis :) This might help you understand a little bit more about plants. Have fun!

I no my photosysthis on normal plants about day time taking in co2 an giving out o2 an reverse in evening also light is needed but i find tropical fish don't like light that much so i don't put in on often do they need food or fertilizer i have losted about 20-30 plants in total

I no my photosysthis on normal plants about day time taking in co2 an giving out o2 an reverse in evening also light is needed but i find tropical fish don't like light that much so i don't put in on often do they need food or fertilizer i have losted about 20-30 plants in total

Oh that's good :)! They can only die if some of the factors above mentioned are not present, including some minerals which can be found in your substrate. Your pH level might not be suitable for the plant. Some fish might not like light so much, so you can perhaps limit the time your light is on, about 8 hours during the day. Use sand for plant, so they can adhere better and absorb minerals better from the substrate. Also, if you put salt, that might be the cause. The majority of plants (almost all), don't like salt in the water. Losing 20-30 plants seem so much considering they cost about £2 ea plant. What plants do you keep? Are you sure it's aquatic? If you think everything should be okay, you could try adding aquatic fertilisers and see if it might have any effect for the plants! I wish they could be better soon :p

but i find tropical fish don't like light that much

Are we talking duration or intensity? As previously mentioned, a duration of 8hours is more than enough.
Plants dont give a monekys about pH btw.
Have a look at this, buddy.

The link will give you a better understanding into the world of aquatic plants ;)
You'll see that a major factor that determines what we need to supply the plants with is largely dependent on the amount of light over the tank.
More light = more CO2 and nutrients needed.
Some plants do require more CO2 and nutrients than others though, for example Hemianthus callitrichoides.

Most reactions

Back