IMG_0867.JPG

and this one

IMG_0868.JPG

thanks for all those that help out

plz

i really need the id of these plants

they have been givin to me

and i want to know the proper treatemnt

O the second one is like a persons name pepermint plant I think I just saw one in my lfs leme try to find the proper name but usually the lighter green they are the less light they need and if they can support themsleves out of the water they aren't aquatic.

Austin

could it be thisor this

Well the first one looks like a Hygrophylla corymbosa narrow leaf stricta. Initially I thought its an echinodorous species but it seems to be having stems and the leaf structure looked very much like echinodorous quadricostatus.
It does need a bit more light then average to keep looking good but can survive in low light.

Still cant be sure :unsure:

Nim

thanks everyone

im still not sure what that first one is

im not so worried about the 2nd one

I am 95% sure the first one is a Hygrophylla corymbosa stricta narrow leaf version. Do a search on google images for Coymbosa stricta and you will get 2 types of plants.. broad leaf red stem and the narrow leaf var.

Nim
ps: I do consider this a slightly difficult plant.. not as easy as other hygros.

I am 95% sure the first one is a Hygrophylla corymbosa stricta narrow leaf version. Do a search on google images for Coymbosa stricta and you will get 2 types of plants.. broad leaf red stem and the narrow leaf var.

Nim
ps: I do consider this a slightly difficult plant.. not as easy as other hygros.

thanks for your help

i agree with you it really looks like the Coymbosa stricta plant

as for taking care of it ill try my best ....

by the way

whats the first sign that the plant isnt doing well???

what should i expect if it dose die...?

thanks for your help

i agree with you it really looks like the Coymbosa stricta plant

as for taking care of it ill try my best ....

by the way

whats the first sign that the plant isnt doing well???

what should i expect if it dose die...?

For stem plants its usually the new leaf growth is either stunted or ragged and the older leaves starting to fall off. There could be various reasons but this probably needs good light and plenty of CO2 to thrive.

The beauty about hygrophyllas is that even if it looks like its going to die, if you let the plant float, it will still manage to keep itself alive..

I have had a bad experience with this plant as the mail order company that sent me this plant had recieved an emergent form.. you probably already have the submerged form and have much better chances of making it live.

Nim

Most reactions

Back