Plakat question

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could describe for me or give me a link regarding how you determine if a betta is a plakat or not. Particularly how long can the fins be. I guess what I don't understand is if bettas are like dogs such as you can have a purebred husky with horrible confromation, but it's still considered a husky. Are bettas types determined by their genes, looks, both, or what? I'm really confused!! :S

OoOoOh, plakatthai is one of my favorite websites!! Yes it is hard to tell when they're young, the easiest way to judge is the aggression at that time.

The tail should come to a point at the end. It's hard to say if a fish is pure plakat, you kinda need to know it's background. IMO, the betta in that pic doesn't look like a pure plakat. His tail has no angle, it looks like a single tail,possibly a plakat HM mix.

Thanks for the info everyone. That link was very helpful :nod:

I still love that guy I bid on, I just think he's so pretty! :wub:

Ok, now I'm embarrased...I didn't ask-eek! :look: Don't think I just now realized that, though :lol: I've been watching that guy for 6 days and I showed my husband everday and finally he said just bid already, so I did!

I'm sure it will be a lot...I'll let you know if I get him.

Cool beans, I'm dying to know. I've never ordered from overseas before. I know here in the states it's between 25 and 35 bucks to ship a fish :look:

Yeah, I've had some shipped to me in the states before due to the fact that I live two hours from a fish store besides Wally world! Shipping usually runs me about 25 a box. We'll see I guess. I'm bad like that...at the stores too, I never look at prices, I just see what I want and get it :*)

edit: that's why my husband doesn't go with me ever...he doesn't want to know! :lol:

Sorrell said:
I'm bad like that...at the stores too, I never look at prices, I just see what I want and get it :*)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm the same way but it's my husbands fault that I'm like that!!! He'd go on and on when I ask how much something is,he hates it when I do that so I eventually just stopped :rolleyes: :whistle:

I'm mainly curious because I'd like to find some wild caught bettas :)

i think that guy has really long fins for a plakat but i doubt theyll get any longer. he might nto be pur plakat. i have a betta that is half halfmoon/ half plakat. is fins are kind of in between long and short. tell me how much your shipping ends up being-thailand breeders say 6$ per fish to transhipper and then God knows what from transshipper to you. INBS has really nice bettas. i have never bought from them because they are overseas though. im scared:(

there was this really great article in one of the fish mags this month-the one with gene lucas s article in it. he wrote about the mass production betta farms in thailand and it has a bunch of pictures. they keep all the bettas in whiskey botttles andthe bottles act as the floor of the building. they just walk right on top of all the bettas! its very interesting yet sad because the conditions are bad:(

hey sorrell i think i may have to outbid you. that fish is really nice.

ehhh...jk-im not that mean.

oh sorry for 3 posts in a row-i post and then i forget something, i post and then i forget something...

wuvmybetta said:
Sorrell said:
I'm bad like that...at the stores too, I never look at prices, I just see what I want and get it :*)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm the same way but it's my husbands fault that I'm like that!!! He'd go on and on when I ask how much something is,he hates it when I do that so I eventually just stopped :rolleyes: :whistle:

I'm mainly curious because I'd like to find some wild caught bettas :)
LOL That's why my fiance goes with me! :lol:

jacblades said:
oh sorry for 3 posts in a row-i post and then i forget something, i post and then i forget something...
Try the marvelous little button titled "Edit" on your first post instead of posting over and over.

Most reactions

Back