Pirate Ship Lighting Opinions Please?

What colours will give the best effect on the pirate ship shown in the picture?

• Red

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RossC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I would like to create some dramatic lighting around a pirate ship ornament in my tank and I though LED's would be best for a job like this. I found these Hagen Marina Micro LED's which seem ok but I couldn't find many reviews for them. Has anyone else used them successively?
Also please answer the poll on which colours will create the best effect, I will attach a photo of the aquarium below, it is still being set-up hence no fish or plants but they will be in soon:
dbmkh.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think red would look good....

I've used the hagen leds and they dont stick to the glass very well.

Seen this on Ebay..
My link

If you had it going from front to back above the ship the light wont spread too far from it.

Seen this on Ebay..
My link

If you had it going from front to back above the ship the light wont spread too far from it.

I thought red too, although shortly after posting this I read some amazon reviews and apparently the LED's are very weak. Do you agree?
I'm kinda put off from them now

I would like to create some dramatic lighting around a pirate ship ornament in my tank and I though LED's would be best for a job like this. I found these Hagen Marina Micro LED's which seem ok but I couldn't find many reviews for them. Has anyone else used them successively?
Also please answer the poll on which colours will create the best effect, I will attach a photo of the aquarium below, it is still being set-up hence no fish or plants but they will be in soon:
dbmkh.jpg

instead of using many LEDs. why not try using one or two. then run off fibre optic cable to light specific points.
though it sounds complicated, and expensive. its not.
you can get the fibre optic filaments from a £shop light. this will supply the LED/s too.
then you need some shrink sleeving (say from maplins).
make up your fibre cables by placing an amount of the filaments in the shrink sleeving and then heating it.
the base from the £shop light. can be siliconed, to seal it. and i found running the power cable down old air tubing. meant that the whole thing could be totally waterproofed, for pennies.
then all you do is route the optic cable to where you want the lights. and you can place the "main" light somewhere hidden in the ship.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Seen this on Ebay..
My link

I thought red too, although shortly after posting this I read some amazon reviews and apparently the LED's are very weak. Do you agree?
I'm kinda put off from them now
Do you have a picture of this it reads a lot more complicated than it sounds lol
Thanks for the help

why not make it your self i am thinking of lighting a skul in red in my tank it will only take 10 min all the bits you need are cheap about £5.00 on ebay
if you want to do the whole tank it will cost about £40 to £50 pound that is for a very bright light system with dimmers
when i start my light system i will post pictures on here
leds are easy and can be cheap to do just time consuming

why not make it your self i am thinking of lighting a skul in red in my tank it will only take 10 min all the bits you need are cheap about £5.00 on ebay
if you want to do the whole tank it will cost about £40 to £50 pound that is for a very bright light system with dimmers
when i start my light system i will post pictures on here
leds are easy and can be cheap to do just time consuming
What components would I need?

Most reactions

Back