Pim Pictus/hoplo Cats

fryeguy82

Reaction score
i have 2 pim pictus catfish in my 55 us gallon tank. they are with 8 community fish (2 mollies, 4 platys, and 2 paradise fish) the tank keeps good parameters and i hardly need a water change outside of gravel cleaning. i really like the hoplo catfish, i used to have 2 a while ago (lost them to ick :() does anybody know if a couple of hoplo catfish would do well in my tank with the other cats, since they are both bottom dwellers? any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
chris

Hoplo's are very active but peaceful and i don't see any compatibility problems at all with your current fish. They are quite sociable with their own kind so i would suggest getting 3 rather than just 2 as you have the room. :good:

I would say Hoplo's would be fine they are great fish robust much like a cory only bigger so I doubt an aggressive fish would hurt it also

great, thanks a lot! i guess when i'm done with my melafix treatment (one of my platys got a mouth infection after giving birth, possibly injured from the netting) that will be the next addition to my tank, if i have any money left after all of my christmas shopping :/

thanks again,
chris

Most reactions

Back