Pike Had Over 30 Fry Today

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
IMG_8876.JPG
attachment comes up and still no photos i dont know whats wrong

Feeding them for the first few weeks will be ok as they can be feed on live daphnia mosquito larvae, blood worms, fruit fly’s,
1 will try some of them on frozen foods to keep them at there best they have got to have live foods mainly fish /. if it wasn’t such a difficult fish to feed it would be a very popular fish.

Supposedly, if the fry never see live foods, they'll stick with wet-frozen foods. That's how the Czech breeders are producing these fish in quantity, or so I'm told. Once they're introduced to live foods, then they tend not to go back.

Cheers, Neale

I agree and beleave it’s the only way to keep them of live food I have not yet tried this. Approach. As the fry seemed to be small and very weak for the the first few days some of them didn’t survive for long and the only food s that interested them was daphnia I hope the next brood will be stronger fry. Id like to start some of them on worms as it may be possible to keep them on such a diet.

Wow, lovely looking fish that I've never heard of before now. congrats on the fry, I bet your local LFSs will be drooling for the youngsters in a few months!
drool.gif

If you are into using live food, baloney sox can be a good choice in your tank Goat.
The ALA convention t-shirts last year had a picture of a cichlid in the mouth of a Belonesox with a cartoon balloon from the cichlid saying "I thought they were the feeders". As a livebearer fan, I must say that I loved the implications. I am easy to entertain though.

they are hard to find in the uk, expensive to buy and can be very expensive to keep as they are predatory and eat live fish.
unless you have plenty of fish to feed them you will be spending a small fortune at your lfs.
don't be fooled by story's of people saying they can be feed on normal fish foods . and if you can get them to take frozen food they will only eat it when they are starved and it is a well known fact that a starved female will quite often eat the males.

I can vouch for how much these fish are as i found them for fish48.

Aquatic Design Centre in london has a couple left at £25 each if you want them now ;)

they are hard to find in the uk, expensive to buy and can be very expensive to keep as they are predatory and eat live fish.
unless you have plenty of fish to feed them you will be spending a small fortune at your lfs.
don't be fooled by story's of people saying they can be feed on normal fish foods . and if you can get them to take frozen food they will only eat it when they are starved and it is a well known fact that a starved female will quite often eat the males.

Hi mate
nice fry.
they are available in water zoo in peterborough.
would you like sell some fry?

Most reactions

Back