Pictus

Breeze7050

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 2 pictus catfish that don't seem to be eating! Im not sure If I am missing it or not. Any thoughts or ideas? what do you feed yours?? Thanks!

How long have your had them ? They are mainly carnivores, but will feed on most flake food and sinking wafers. Though ideally it should be mostly protein based and not vegetable based. Things such as the Tetra Pro Crisps, Hikari Carnivore Pellets seem to go down quite well. And if you have any doubt about their feeding, give them some live (or frozen thawed) bloodworm. If they don't go wild when you put this in the tank, you will have some cause for concern.

Bloo -
Ive just had them for a few days now. Ive not seen them eat any of the flakes. But, my rainbowfish do a good job of getting all those!
The pictus stay in their caves right now during feeding time. I did try to slide them some bloodworms after lights out, but again the Rainbows came to life for that!! They did eat the algae wafers (all I have at the moment!) So, I will def. try some sinking wafers for carnivores. Hitting up the LFS soon! Thanks. Any more advice still greatly appreciated.
I did do quite a bit of research prior to getting these, but I just like to double check things lol!

Most reactions

Back