Pictus Compatibility... Algae?

montyII

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just bought a pictus cat, was told he'll eat algae, but I just read he's a predator not a herbivore. Is this right?
Also will he eat neons even if he's not that big yet?

Must do research BEFORE buying fish! :blush:

Just bought a pictus cat, was told he'll eat algae, but I just read he's a predator not a herbivore. Is this right?
Also will he eat neons even if he's not that big yet?

Must do research BEFORE buying fish! :blush:
lol pictus will eat anything they can get in their mouths!!. cant see it liking algae.

my girflriends pictus has just discovered that her cardinals fit in its mouth, 8 gone in a week!

OK, thanks people. :good: I'll have to see if I can swap him for some more dwarf suckermouths or a bn pleco. Already have one dwarf sucker, reckon a bn pleco would get along with him (and a few clown loaches down the track)?

From now on I take anything lfs guys say with a large grain of salt.

OK, thanks people. :good: I'll have to see if I can swap him for some more dwarf suckermouths or a bn pleco. Already have one dwarf sucker, reckon a bn pleco would get along with him (and a few clown loaches down the track)?

Clown loaches get 12 inches long and need to be kept in groups of at least four, so unless you have a pretty big tank, you wont be able to house any in your current tank as they will soon outgrow it. good luck :good:

Clown loaches get 12 inches long and need to be kept in groups of at least four, so unless you have a pretty big tank, you wont be able to house any in your current tank as they will soon outgrow it. good luck :good:

Yeah, ta, I've since changed my mind on the clown loaches. I'd love to do a nice big tank just for them one day, though.

Most reactions

Back