Pictus Catfish

jdwarrior89

Reaction score
i have always wanted a pictus catfish and im thinking of getting one but i was sondering if the pictus will do any harm to my bamboo shrimp i know they will attack smaller fish but what bout my shrimp are they safe or no?

Anything that can fit into a pictus cats rather large mouth will be eaten, anything the pictus cat thinks it might be able to fit into its mouth will be attacked and most likely eaten. Only fish and inverts at least 2/3rds of the pictus cats body length can be safely combined which means that any tankmates must be at least 4 inches to live with adult pictus cats.

Anything that can fit into a pictus cats rather large mouth will be eaten, anything the pictus cat thinks it might be able to fit into its mouth will be attacked and most likely eaten. Only fish and inverts at least 2/3rds of the pictus cats body length can be safely combined which means that any tankmates must be at least 4 inches to live with adult pictus cats.

I learned this the hard way. After we added (another) 10 ghost shrimp and they were all gone in a couple of days. "Geee where did all the shrimp go?" I asked, "BURP" (said the Pictus). :hey:

Most reactions

Back