Pictus Cat Peruvion Or Columbian?

VampirePlec

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i finaly got my pictus today! i love him so much, but im not sure if he is a peruvian or a columbian? i have read about both breeds, that they have the same basic care n that the columbian gets bigger than the peruvian, but im not sure wich one mine is, he has the mottled grey head like the columbian, but big black spots like the peruvian, is it possible that hes a mix? i will post pictures as soon as he settles down enough that i can take one of him.

thanx in advance ally.

Be carefull with the Pictus cats, i was at a friends house where to her and her daughters horror the Pictus had the baby Angel Fish in its mouth lol

unfortunantly he passed away the other day, he had white spot (that was passed on to most of my bf fish) and something else, not sure what it was but his body was coverd in scabs. i put melafix in the water and did the best i could but he didnt even last a day, mayb the move was enough to shock him.
the pet store was very kind to give me a store credit, and my bf 2 lots of free frozen food and a bottle of white spot cure. i just wanted to let the pet shop now so they cauld treat the tank, cause i understand these things happin, even tho i still wasnt too impressed about it. the manager said he wont be gettin them in for a while cause in my area they are having alot of problems with white spot n pictus, maybe cause of the extreme heat, not sure. so i got a salmon tailed catfish instead, not as pretty but just as interesting.

o hell no! na not one of those he a salmon tail aka, shark cat, sea catfish, Australian shark catfish, or lesser salmon catfish, scientific name is Arius Graeffei. only reaches 30 in aquaria as i have been told. and he didnt replace the pictus, he was another catfish i was getting that was on my wish list. i dont know if i could replace the pictus, only had him for a day but loved him.

Most reactions

Back