Pictures Of Dwarf Gourami Blister/tumour

J

Jozlyn

I would've put this post in the Gourami section but for some reason when I click on "New Topic" in there I don't get the "Attachments" screen, very odd!

So my DN Gourami, is doing very well, stopped pacing the walls and is eating well and the blister/tumour doesn't appear to have changed in size recently, I'm guessing he's had a good feed of Molly fry so that's probably made him feel a bit chipper.

This picture shows how far the blister/tumour sits out, looks like you could cut it off

Gourami_ulcer_1.jpg

The tumour is beside his mouth

Gourami.jpg

I really don't think it's caused by the iridovirus that everyone is currently talking about as the tumour is not part of the symptoms. The symptoms described are lethargy, darkening of body colouration and sometimes a distended abdomen.

I am however, going to see what I can find out about lymphocystis iridovirus which causes unsightly skin lesions! But I don't know if I'd call the tumour a lesion!

Edit > Hmmm tried Googling lymphocystis iridovirus got heaps of returns but they all seem to be papers that you have to buy! Bah!

Ulcers are quite common with dwarf gourami's, mine died after a couple of weeks with an ulcer on it's side. Eventually the fish developed dropsy and died. I tried topical treatments of waterlife myxazin, that is with the fish out of water, apply the med with a cotton bud. I also treated it in the hospital tank. The ulcer did appear to get better, but unfortunately the fish didn't survive.

Good luck with yours.

Sorry can't make much out of the pics.
Can you describe the growth on the mouth, I agree gouramis are more prone to the bacterial side.
ulcers are pink or red in colour with a circling of white dead skin around the edges.

It's more like a tumour, that is a growth off the side of his face than an ulcer. It was red, but now it is pink. It comes out from his face, no white ring of dead skin, something like a wart. That's about the best I can describe it. In the top picture you can sort of see it hanging off the side of his face just below his mouth. It looks like if you had a scalpel handy you'd be able to whip it off.

Ok I would still try a bacterial med on her.
Good luck.

Most reactions

Back