Pics of your betta tanks

BettaMomma

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
We were talking about (in another topic here) that it might be a good idea for us betta owners to post pics of our tank setups here so that potential betta owners and/or rescuers could get some ideas on what to do with their tanks, and so that some of us current owners might see some tanks that we like and wanna change ours to look like.

Some things you might want to post with your pics:
tank size (gallons)
filter system (type & speed?) - i have no filters do I dunno what params to ask for here
heater system (type & wattage)
fish in tank (type(s) & name(s))
descrip of decorations (maybe?)

I have to take my pics this evening, so i'll be back to post tomorrow.
Yay, i can't wait to see setups!
:)

BettaMomma said:
We were talking about (in another topic here) that it might be a good idea for us betta owners to post pics of our tank setups here so that potential betta owners and/or rescuers could get some ideas on what to do with their tanks, and so that some of us current owners might see some tanks that we like and wanna change ours to look like.

Some things you might want to post with your pics:
tank size (gallons)
filter system (type & speed?) - i have no filters do I dunno what params to ask for here
heater system (type & wattage)
fish in tank (type(s) & name(s))
descrip of decorations (maybe?)

I have to take my pics this evening, so i'll be back to post tomorrow.
Yay, i can't wait to see setups!
i currently have 2 betta tanks.

tank #1:
divided mini bow 2.5
filter system: 1 whisper filter (don't know output), 1 smallworld filter by pennplax (don't know output) but together both filters work great, no heater
fish in tank: 1 male veiltail named calico, 1 male veiltail named bb
descrip of decorations: 1 silk plant on calico's side of tank
bettaminibowsmall.jpg

tank #2:
eclipse 3
filter system: filter & pump that came with tank -- includes bio-wheel, 1 heater submerged except for very top
fish in tank: 1 male crowntail named ct2, 2 adf's named kermit & toady, 3 cherry barbs
descrip of decorations: 1 glass angelfish figurine, 3 silk grass plants, 1 silk plant, 1 fake wood log for adf's to hide out in
eclipse3small.jpg

tank size: 10 gallons
filter system (type & speed?): Aqua Tech, and I think the speed was 90
heater system (type & wattage): TopFin; 50 watts
fish in tank (type(s) & name(s)): one betta...no name yet

Attachments

• my_tank.JPG
    my_tank.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 40
This is Yuki's tank.
IMG_20461.jpg

tank size - 1 gallon
filter system - It has an undergravel filter.
fish in tank - Yuki, male betta
descrip of decorations - just one silk plant, he loves it.

Tank #1:

tank size (gallons): 2.5 Gallons

filter system (type & speed?): Whisper filter set on lowest setting

heater system (type & wattage): No heater, temp stays around 80 in tank.

fish in tank (type(s) & name(s)): 1 Male MG Delta Betta named Mi Ti & 2 small feeder guppies.

descrip of decorations (maybe?): Live Java Fern plant and rock decoration with smoothed edges so it doesn't rip his fins.

100_0369.jpg

Tank #2:

tank size (gallons): 2.5 Gallons

filter system (type & speed?): Whisper filter set on lowest setting

heater system (type & wattage): No heater, temp stays around 80 in tank.

fish in tank (type(s) & name(s)): 1 Male CT Betta named Nitro!

descrip of decorations (maybe?): 1 Silk plant and soon some Java Fern.

FishTankBlue01.jpg

:) Here's 4 of my 9 tanks. Some are divided by the mini bow divider plus a plastic needlepoint canvas. All tanks have a floating temperature gauge which is usually in plain view. All tanks are in the process of getting the small blue votives that are in a couple of the tanks now.

Tanks .. 2.5 gallon mini bow
heater... 25 watt submerged
plants... silk type
gravel ... assorted types

I also have white paper towels between each tank ... not that it does much good.

I haven't really named anyone as I kept losing them from the blackworms. Things have settled down now so I will probably start thinking of naming them.

Attachments

• guys_1.jpg
    guys_1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 38
LOL!!!
Oh my god - Kara....
when I first looked at your tank, I saw the teeny tiny guppy in there - and I thought that was your betta, therefore assuming that your tank was something like a 100 gallon tank and the teeny spot was him.

That was, until I saw the size of the word "WHISPER" on the filter and realized it was a guppy.

That was mucho funny.

VERY nice tanks so far everyone, they're gorgeous!

nash - The blue votives - do they just like to swim in there? Or hide in there or what? That's a really great idea...

;) The top guy sleeps and rests around and in it quite often. He's a tail biter and super anxious most of the time.

The blue guy swims in and out of it all the time and rests in front of it. He likes it better when it's located in another area of the tank.

The plakat does sleep inside from time to time.

I have a big HM that uses a larger one.

My one female doesn't seem to like it at this point.

I have to get more this week. Each time I go to get them, they are either sold out or have something else. I found them in Walmart's artifical flower section.

What an awesome idea.
I think i'll try one in our new fish's tank.
We don't have much in his tank this far for him to hide in. I was going to see what I could find after work tonight for him to hang out in - that seems like it'd be a very inexpensive way to give him someplace to feel safe.

Nice!! :)

BettaMomma said:
LOL!!!
Oh my god - Kara....
when I first looked at your tank, I saw the teeny tiny guppy in there - and I thought that was your betta, therefore assuming that your tank was something like a 100 gallon tank and the teeny spot was him.

That was, until I saw the size of the word "WHISPER" on the filter and realized it was a guppy.

That was mucho funny.

VERY nice tanks so far everyone, they're gorgeous!

nash - The blue votives - do they just like to swim in there? Or hide in there or what? That's a really great idea...
LOL! :fun:

Here's Jasper's tank.
I will try to post the other 3 tomorrow. :)
jaspersTank.jpg

I just realized how bland his tank is. heh
I do have a background for it, but haven't put it up yet.
Maybe tomorrow i'll stick it on and take another picture.

OOPSY - I violated my own rule.
I didn't put my info up. he he he
Here it is:
2.5G tank, glass top
Hydor Mini heater
no filtration- just do water changes every 5 days or so
slight bubble trickle from 3" bubble bar.
decorations - 1 tall silk plant, 1 very short silk plant and a hidey cave/arch

filter system: I dont use filters for anything smaller than 10 Gallon
heater system : Same for heaters
Deco: Java Fern and Plastic Plants, River Rocks (I hate gravel), and a PVC hidey hole for each tank
fish in tank:
Pepper (Plakat)
Mustard (MG Super Delta)
Ketchup (red DR CT)

my desktop condiments :hey:

Pepper
IMG_0125.jpg

Mustard
IMG_0118.jpg

Kectchup
IMG_0110.jpg

And here is my computer desk with all the fishies on it.
IMG_0106.jpg

Most reactions

Back