Picasso Trigger Fish Pictures!

3fsh

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I posted these in the pictures section, but I decided to post them here as well for all the "saltwater people". :D

Attachments

• Picasso4.jpg
    Picasso4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 59
Truly gorgeous, I'm soooooo glad I pop in occasionaly, even though I know nothing about what you are talking about most of the time.

Skimmer, whats a skimmer? -_-

:wub: :wub: :wub:

PS, can someone answer that question please?

:lol:

Awwww doesnt it look so gorgeous and vulnerable! :wub: :wub:
You wouldnt think that a Picasso can snap a crabs shell in half with the flick of its jaw! :crazy:

Really nice pictures though! :kewlpics:

PS, can someone answer that question please?

Skimmer:

A skimmer is a device that removes disolved nutrients from the water.

How this works is by the skimmer creating a large amount of micro bubbles into a chamber that has water passing through it. The properties of salt warer means that these dissolved nutrients are attracted to air. So basically with all the saturated micro bubbles in the chamber, the nutrients will attach themsleves to the surface of the bubbles. These bubbles will then rise in the chanber and up into a collection cup where it forms a nasty looking borwn foam/liquid :sick:
The water that passes through the chamber is removed of nutrients and passes back into the tank much cleaner than before.

Skimmers only work in salt water hence why you never see Skimmers in Freshwater tanks.

This is basically how they work. I hope this helps a little, if you have any specific questions i will try and answer them (though skimmers is not my expertise :unsure: )

Thanx for all of the compliments. :*) He is my baby and I spoil him rotten! :wub:

Awwww doesnt it look so gorgeous and vulnerable!
You wouldnt think that a Picasso can snap a crabs shell in half with the flick of its jaw!

:rofl: That is so true... he is so cute sometimes I think he is jus the sweetest little boy... and then he goes and kills some small innocent creature living in his tank... or attacks the glass... or leads Bandit on "let's kill the magnetic algae cleaner" rampages... :lol:

I love that fishy :) Also! Whats the trigger called in your avatar? Petco has one of those for 119.99. Every time we go there she says Awwww look at the pretty blue fish, then i remind her their damsels lol.

The trigger in my avatar is my (other) baby, Bandit, and he is a clown trigger.

$119.00?!?! :blink: How big is the clown? I bought mine at about 1in for somewhere around $50-60.

Lovely fish, shame they're not reef safe...

Whilst the Clown and Picasso are not reef safe (as are most triggers). There are some reef safe triggers.
You just need to know what your looking for. :/

Thanks for aswering my question! Also, do you need one, doesn't a filteration do that. -_-

I suppose I look really stupid! :D Me all over really! :lol:

Filtration will remove nutrients from the nitrogen cycle. So standard filters will convert Amoonia to Nitrite and then Nitrite to Nitrate.

Live rock will go 1 step further and convert Nitrate to Nitrogen.
Skimmers however will actually remove nutrients before it actually enters the ammonia cycle.

A good quality skimmer will remove nutrients and thus help lighten the load on filtration.

As for needing one.....
Well thats a huge debate!

I dont use one but that doesnt mean they are not good for marine tanks. I use a totally natural system which also uses Natural Sea water, this water carries trace eliments and living planktonic life that artificial salts dont carry. A skimmer can sometimes be a little too efficient and remove these trace eliments that i am lucky to carry in the water i use. So i decided not to use a skimer so that the corals and other lifeforms in the water will benefit .

P.S. Sorry for hogging the thread, i know this is not really connected with the Picassos :*)

Most reactions

Back