Pic Request Of Biorb Tank Set Up?

louis_23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi guys as title say's please im thinking of getting a biorb bowl and a betta fighter fish to live in it but i would real;y like to see your set ups and get some ideas and insparation on what i could do with mine so your pic's and advice on these tanks would be great thanx :)

hi guys as title say's please im thinking of getting a biorb bowl and a betta fighter fish to live in it but i would real;y like to see your set ups and get some ideas and insparation on what i could do with mine so your pic's and advice on these tanks would be great thanx :)
if you dont already have it, go for a different tank

I personally don't care for the distorted view that the biorb gives. They look nice but aren't the best for viewing fish.

Have a look through my tank thread (sig below) to see plenty of biorb pics. Whatever you do don't go for a baby biorb. I think it's too small for a betta and I had mine in a 30L orb to start and thenone in a 35L biube.

There is nothing wrong with these tanks if you stock them lightly and a single betta in a 30L biorb is just perfect imho.

I'll pm you some useful info whne your membership is validated :D

wow thanx for all the quick replys guy's :good:

i don't have a tank yet thought id learn as much as i could about this asort of thing 1st as im new to the fish world lol

i was thinking of geting the 30l one and keeping one male fighter fish as im intreaged by these lil fellas and feel bad for them that they can't be around any other fish lol so thought id give one a nice spacious home :D

will i need to heat the tank for a betta? im also intrested in maybe going for clown fish instead! what section could i look at to find out more about these guy's thanx :)

Clown fish are marine fish so no I wouldn't have them in a biorb or as your first fish :D

A betta in a 30L biorb would be great! You could decorate the tank up really nicely too with anubias on bogwood etc.

The instructions that come with the tanks are dreadful IMHO and to be ignored. Fishless cycling is the best way to go about preparing the tank for a new fish and there's lots you can find out about how to do it. I have info to share with you when you're validated as it's long winded and I don't need to go into it here :D

A betta needs a warm tank so a heater would be necessary :D

Once again, it all depends on how you go about it Truck, and what you put in it. ;)
Not the best tanks to go marine with, but I have seen it done successfully in the past - but deffo not with the dire marine conversion kit that Reef One flog! :crazy:

Once again, it all depends on how you go about it Truck, and what you put in it. ;)
Not the best tanks to go marine with, but I have seen it done successfully in the past - but deffo not with the dire marine conversion kit that Reef One flog! :crazy:
definitely not what they give you lol. i wouldnt tbh.

Clown fish are marine fish so no I wouldn't have them in a biorb or as your first fish :D

A betta in a 30L biorb would be great! You could decorate the tank up really nicely too with anubias on bogwood etc.

The instructions that come with the tanks are dreadful IMHO and to be ignored. Fishless cycling is the best way to go about preparing the tank for a new fish and there's lots you can find out about how to do it. I have info to share with you when you're validated as it's long winded and I don't need to go into it here :D

ok cool ill go for the betta and once gained exsperience fish keeping get some clown fish one day.

im hoping to be able to decorate my tank ealy nice and as life like as possible, just been looking at some of yours they look great

how will i tell the difference between the male and female bettas? :)

one thing...never ever convert a biorb into a marine tank, it is the worst mistake you can ever make.

lol why? :)

ok cool ill go for the betta and once gained exsperience fish keeping get some clown fish one day.

im hoping to be able to decorate my tank ealy nice and as life like as possible, just been looking at some of yours they look great

one thing...never ever convert a biorb into a marine tank, it is the worst mistake you can ever make.

because theyre small and unstable and dont make good marine tanks, if you want a pair of clownfish one day, do it with a 30 gallon normal tank

If you are bound and determined to get a biorb then you are in good hands with jennybug.

Male betta splendens have long flowing fins. Have a look in the betta section on here for some gorgeous fish photos and help on how to look after them :D

Here

:D

Reef One who make biorbs sell a conversion kit that is meant to make marine fishkeeping easy peasy. It contains fake live rock and 'special resins' and such, but I wouldn't trust it with a barge pole. Elsewhere I see people who have followed Reef One instructions to the letter and ended up with a biorb full of goldfish that are dying, other fish that are ill and on their way out and tanks filled with cloudy water etc. Best to ignore instructions and let others put you right imho.

If you are bound and determined to get a biorb then you are in good hands with jennybug.

Aw thankyou :D :blush:

yeah she defo knows her stuff

Male betta splendens have long flowing fins. Have a look in the betta section on here for some gorgeous fish photos and help on how to look after them :D

Here

:D

Reef One who make biorbs sell a conversion kit that is meant to make marine fishkeeping easy peasy. It contains fake live rock and 'special resins' and such, but I wouldn't trust it with a barge pole. Elsewhere I see people who have followed Reef One instructions to the letter and ended up with a biorb full of goldfish that are dying, other fish that are ill and on their way out and tanks filled with cloudy water etc. Best to ignore instructions and let others put you right imho.

ill avoide that kit then lol and thanx for the link and all the help realy appreciate it :good:

and thanx to the rest of you guy's for your help you all seem like a nice friendly lot hear :)

Have you thought of a 35 or 40l Aquacube?. BiOrbs are VERY expensive for what you get.

Most reactions

Back