Ph Problem

matty2k

Reaction score
Hi people i have a problem with my Rio240 tank. I keep loosing fish without any diseases so i when out an bought water tests = PH test, Nitrite (NO2)& Ammonia NH3/NH4. Tested all three now and the nitrite and ammonia were both on the lowest on the coloured chart, but my PH showed 8 . So i tested my tap water and that too was 8. Anyone know what i can do to solve this problem as i want my water between 6.5 - 7. Any advice welcome.
ps i have 1 piece of large bogwood, over 40 plants, gravel substrate, no rocks (now)!
Is Waterlife 6.5 Buffer anygood?

Do you have a specific reason to want your pH to be 6.5 to 7? A very significant amount of typical aquarium fish can live very long, healthy, and happy lives in water with a pH of 8.0.

What fish are you trying to keep?

3 small angels, 2 Elephant noses, 3 Cockatoo cichlids, 2 Bolivian Rams, 3 Guppies, 1 molly, 2 Gouramis, 2 albino bristelnose plecs, rainbow shark, and albino shark. 20 all in all

Want to start breeder tank for Cockatoo cichlids soon so id like to get both tanks down to around 6.5 - 7

I could have sworn that several members have sucessfully bred Cockatoos in hard water with a pH of ~8 in recent times ;)

Most reactions

Back