Pet store mutt ( angel ) is coming along…

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
When I 1st got it, it was acting “mentally deficient” but lately it’s been acting like an angel… the Ich heat treatment seems not at least not hurt it… I noticed last night while watching, when I put the Repashi stick in the tank, that when it spreads out its dorsal fin, it has neon sky blue dots… should have tried to grab a picture last night, by morning light, I’m picking up less blue, and with the current in the tank, it doesn’t keep it flared out much… a couple attempts this morning
IMG_5260.jpeg
IMG_5261.jpeg
IMG_5262.jpeg

Last edited:
In all my years of fish keeping I never really took a shine to Angelfish, but in the last 6 months I have in a big way. I'm put off by their bullying behaviour to each other (or high risk of that). Wondered if they are fish that can thrive without other Angelfish on the tank? Am hoping so?

this one is currently solo... I'm going to try adding one more... I lost a wild F-1 added this tank, early on, but there was no bullying... this is a pretty big one ( body the size of a baseball, without the fins )

In all my years of fish keeping I never really took a shine to Angelfish, but in the last 6 months I have in a big way. I'm put off by their bullying behaviour to each other (or high risk of that). Wondered if they are fish that can thrive without other Angelfish on the tank? Am hoping so?
yes, they do fine solo. I've had one by itself for a while now. FOTM Post

Most reactions

Back