Penguin Bio-wheel 170

IamGibby

Reaction score
Well i started up a 10 gal Hospital tank, if you will. I have a Penguin Bio-Wheel 170 Filter that i found, anyone have/use/know this filter? Wondering if it would suffice for a 10 Gal tank.

956P170.jpg

That's a pretty big filter for a 10g tank. What fish are you going to have in it?

The Penguin Bio-Wheel Mini or Penguin Mini may be better choices.

That should be perfect! I have myself a Penguin Bio-Wheel 150 for my 20 gallon and it works great. My one friend also has a Penguin Bio-Wheel 150 on a 10 gallon and it keeps in spotless! So i'm sure you'll be fine! :nod:

That should be perfect! I have myself a Penguin Bio-Wheel 150 for my 20 gallon and it works great. My one friend also has a Penguin Bio-Wheel 150 on a 10 gallon and it keeps in spotless! So i'm sure you'll be fine! :nod:

This is for a hospital tank, though. I think you mean you use them in a normal tank? The 150 is smaller and you have a tank twice the size and it's for normal and healthy fish.

You don't want very much movement on a sick fish or it could push them over the edge and this is turning the tank over approximately 17 times an hour in such a small area that can't possibly have too many places for slack water. That's quite a bit, imo..

using a penguin 170 on a 10 gallon tank is definitely overdoing it. i run a penguin 100 on my 10 gallon.

Most reactions

Back